In 1980 to celebrate the 80th Birthday of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, the Royal Mint released a special Limited Issue commemorative Queen Mother Silver Proof Crown Coin struck in solid .925 Sterling Silver.
The reverse designed by Richard Guyatt depicts the Queen Mothers head in the centre with a fanfare design with Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother August 4th 1980.
The obverse is the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.
These legal tender coins have been struck to proof quality using specially prepared dies and highly polished blanks.
- Limited Mintage of 83,672 Worldwide
- Finished to Royal Mint’s Proof Quality
- Struck in Solid .925 Sterling Silver
- Celebrating the Queen Mothers 80th Birthday
- Boxed with Certificate of Authenticity