In 2010 the Royal Mint released a Limited Issue Britannia £2 Two Pound Silver Proof Coin struck in solid .958 Silver weighing one ounce of fine pure Silver.
Strong and courageous, yet with a peaceful expression, is the new Britannia portrait for 2010.
Designed by Suzie Zamit, the Britannia image for 2010 has been replaced with a softer and less warrior-like approach. Ever watchful and protective she is depicted with flowing hair and robes and wearing a Corinthian-style helmet with a lion incorporated into the design.
These legal tender coins have been struck to proof quality using specially prepared dies and highly polished blanks.
- Limited Edition of 4,500 Coins Worldwide
- Mark a milestone or great British moment with this year-dated Britannia coin
- Finished to Royal Mints Proof Quality
- Struck in Solid Fine .958 Silver Weighing One Ounce of Pure Silver
- Features an original design by acclaimed artist Susie Zamit
- Royal Mint Boxed with Certificate of Authenticity