Step back into a prehistoric world for the return of The Royal Mint’s Tales of the Earth, a series celebrating the most legendary prehistoric creatures to ever roam the planet. Following the popular Dinosauria and Mary Anning collections, The Royal Mint now ventures deeper into the land of the dinosaurs with a new collection dedicated to some of the most iconic specimens ever discovered in the field of palaeontology.
Known around the world as one of the most ferocious predators in history, the almighty Tyrannosaurus (T-Rex) stood tall as the king of dinosaurs during its time on Earth millions of years ago. Now, we celebrate the legendary dinosaur with a coin dedicated to this fierce and frightening
creature from a lost world. Designed by the man behind the reverse designs for the Dinosauria and Mary Anning collections, palaeo-artist Robert Nicholls, with the expert guidance of Professor Paul Barrett from the Natural History Museum, this coin features Tyrannosaurus in all its fearsome glory.
- Celebrates one of the most legendary dinosaurs to ever roam the Earth
- The first in a new three-coin collection dedicated to iconic specimens in the field of palaeontology
- Features a reverse design by Robert Nicholls, the artist behind both of the existing collections in The Royal Mint’s Tales of the Earth
- Features the inscriptions ‘TYRANNOSAURUS’ and ‘CRETACEOUS’ in reference to the dinosaur itself and the period in which it lived
- Accompanied by informative and educational packaging created in collaboration with the Natural History Museum