It had been used as a supporter for the arms of John, Duke of Bedford, and by England’s House of Beaufort. Its connection with The Queen began with Henry VII in 1485. Henry Tudor’s mother, Lady Margaret (1443–1509), was a Beaufort, and the Beaufort heraldic legacy inherited by both her and her son included the Yale. The design on the coin shows the Yale of Beaufort next to the Beaufort shield showing a portcullis surmounted by a royal crown. The portcullis (uncrowned) was a Beaufort badge, but was used both crowned and uncrowned by Henry VII. The Queen’s Beasts are ten heraldic statues representing the genealogy of HM Queen Elizabeth II which are depicted as the Royal supporters of England with each one consisting of a heraldic beast supporting a shield bearing the badge or arms of a family associated with the ancestry of HM Queen Elizabeth II. The original statues were commissioned to stand at an entrance of Westminster Abbey for Her Majesty’s Coronation in 1953.